Paray Mission Hospital is a Roman Catholic Church Health Facility situated at the administration centre of Thaba Tseka District. It is under the leadership of the Archbishop of Maseru, run by the sisters of Charity of Ottawa in collaboration with Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL), to provide accessible, affordable holistic quality health care to all people.
Applications are therefore invited from highly qualified local and international candidates for the:
- Position : Medical Officer (1)
Under the supervision of Medical Superintendent, the Medical Officer manages and cares for patients, coordinates public health activities within the H.S.A and manages health services in the hospital.
- Medical Officer will be assigned a certain number of wards by the Medical Superintendent. He will be responsible for the management of his wards and wards round and full participation to the general round.
- The Medical Officer will be responsible for physical examination and arrangement for routine investigation of all patients under their care. The Medical Officer will write detailed notes according to the proforma laid down firstly on admission and later as directed.
- The Medical Officer will be responsible for maintaining the various records and registers as laid down from time to time by the Medical Superintendent.
- The Medical Officer will not leave the Hospital area while on duty without the permission of the Deputy Medical Superintendent/Medical Superintendent.
- The Medical Officer will be presenting a monthly report of the cases in the ward for information to the Medical Superintendent and coordinating clinical presentation of the ward.
- The Medical Officer will review patient clinical management initiated by interns.
- The Medical Officer will evaluate symptoms and determine what is wrong with a patient. If he does not know of at hand diagnosis should be, it is his/her responsibility to do the necessary research.
- The incumbent must know how much medicine to prescribe based on patients’ history.
- The incumbent must advise patients on prevention of diseases and other illnesses.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Holder of a valid degree in MB.ChB/MD. Registered with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council with at least 2 years of work experience.
Submission of application:
Applications should be submitted on or before the 26th September 2023 to:
or Hand-delivered to:
The Human Resources Office
Paray Mission Hospital
P.O. Box 2